The idea for the ‘Out of Africa’ series came to me as a result of some origami papers that I had. I also upped the ante on these bowls – they’re based on a bigger bowl than my other mini bowls.
The four bowls in the set are:
- Jungle Fever
- Splendour in the Grass
- Welcome to the Jungle
- Zebra Crossing
- If any one bowl has been purchased separately before I can update this listing, then this set will be reduced to the three remaining bowls.
- Lollies, candy etc. are for perspective purposes only – item ships without these. (Basically because they’d be really, really stale by the time you received them!)
- Price includes shipping within Australia. If you’re overseas, a $15 surcharge will apply once you enter your shipping address to help cover the additional shipping costs.
OUT OF AFRICA MINI BOWLS DETAILS:
- Diameter: Between 18 and 19 cm
- Height: Between 6 and 6.5 cm
- Weight: Between 36 and 40 gms (0.036 to 0.04 kg)
This series of papier mache bowls is created from self-supporting papier mache, bar the base which has been strengthened with a piece of recycled corrugated cardboard.
All bowls are made from a combination of recycled office and other paper, and some contain new paper for decorative purposes. The occasional bowl will also incorporate other media such as beads etc. The bowls are created using PVA glue, Bondcrete and acrylic sealer.
Each bowl is unique.
The bowls are decorative only – while they are sealed and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth, they should not be immersed in any liquid, nor should they be placed in the dishwasher, oven or microwave.
While they’ve been sealed, I don’t recommend using them as a storage bowl for fruit where the skin is intended to be eaten e.g. plums, apples, grapes etc. Thicker skin which will be peeled should be okay e.g. oranges, bananas, rockmelon etc.
No bowl is completely round, nor completely flat. While the structure starts off reasonably straight, it slowly takes on its own dents and warps as it grows.