Bowl 8 – Sharp Dressed Bowl was (probably obviously) inspired by ZZ Top’s Sharp Dressed Man.
It was a real challenge getting the black and white diagonal stripes to work. Where they met the black tissue paper, I overlaid the seam with a red ribbon so that what we have is essentially a black jacket over a black and white striped shirt with a red tie!
The shape of this bowl changed as I applied the different layers to the point where it’s no longer perfectly round but a little warped to one side, which I found interesting.
So, are you singing it yet? 😉 If not, then let me help a little more …
- Lollies, candy etc. are for perspective purposes only – item ships without these. (Basically because they’d be really, really stale by the time you received them!)
- Price includes shipping within Australia. If you’re overseas, a $15 surcharge will apply once you enter your shipping address to help cover the additional shipping costs.
BOWL 8 – SHARP DRESSED BOWL DETAILS:
- Diameter: Between 29 and 30 cm
- Height: Between 6.5 and 7.0 cm
- Weight: 100 gms (0.10 kg)
This series of papier mache bowls is created from self-supporting papier mache, bar the base which has been strengthened with a piece of recycled corrugated cardboard.
All bowls are made from a combination of recycled office and other paper, and some contain new paper for decorative purposes. The occasional bowl will also incorporate other media such as beads etc. The bowls are created using PVA glue, Bondcrete and acrylic sealer.
Each bowl is unique.
The bowls are decorative only – while they are sealed and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth, they should not be immersed in any liquid, nor should they be placed in the dishwasher, oven or microwave.
While they’ve been sealed, I don’t recommend using them as a storage bowl for fruit where the skin is intended to be eaten e.g. plums, apples, grapes etc. Thicker skin which will be peeled should be okay e.g. oranges, bananas, rockmelon etc.
No bowl is completely round, nor completely flat. While the structure starts off reasonably straight, it slowly takes on its own dents and warps as it grows.